Open Lab Night: Gender and Diversity in Sustainable Research Ecosystems and Innovations
As part of the Womxn from arts to engineering community’s two-day virtual festival on “innovations from arts to engineering for an equitable future” the Futurium Lab will be hosting a podium discussion. Together four experts and the audience will approach solutions on diversity and gender perspectives as integral parts of a sustainable research system.
Lounge & Werkstatt im Futurium Lab (UG)
Being an ideal employee usually means availability whenever needed, continuous high motivation, boundless individual mobility and ultra-flexibility. The infrastructure surrounding us is optimized for that ideal. In the meantime, our lives are diverse.
So why do we stay in these structures, especially in academia? Is it helpful to group people and label them: worker/researcher/care person etc? Where are the obstacles in the (research) system? What is needed to overcome them? Or at the very least smooth them out?
Where does sustainable progress need gender perspective, which distinct part of gender perspective is it? And how are they connected to the system structures?
During this podium discussion we will investigate these questions. Please join us to contribute your unique perspective.
This is a hybrid event. You can join live at futurium or through the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8204...
The WÆ community was founded by Christina Völlmecke and Stefanie Marker in the course of the disorders in the science system caused by the corona pandemic. The community connects actors from arts to engineering.
- Prof. Dr. Caterina Cocchi, Electronic Structure Theory Group, Physics Department, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Liudger Dienel, Technische Universität Berlin
- Christoph May, Masculinity Researcher
- Dr. Heike Pantelmann, Manager Margherita-von-Brentano-Zentrum | Internationalisation, Gender and Diversity in Teaching
- Melanie Bittner, Expert for Gender, Diversity and Anti-discrimination Culture
- Location: Lounge Futurium Lab (-1)
- Admission: free
- Language: English
- Max. number of participants: 40
- Conditions of participation: no prior knowledge required
The event will be live streamed. Follow this Link -> https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8204...
Registration for participation at the Futurium live event is required - secure your place! Registration is a two-step process. After entering your personal data, you will receive an email with a confirmation link. This is active for 30 minutes. Your registration is only complete after you have clicked on this link and confirmed it online.
The future is for everyone! The Futurium wants to be accessible to everyone. If you have any access needs, please let us know. We try to fulfill them: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find all information about accessibility here: https://futurium.de/de/barrier...
- We are a wheelchair accessible venue.
- We will leave seats free if you want to sit close to the stage due to visual impairments.
- Spots without chairs are available for wheelchair users.
Photo & Video
Photos and videos will be taken during the event. If you do not want to be pictured, please let us know in advance.